Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several modalities to bring balance and transformation. It also supports body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
The most amazing thing about Raindrop is that all of my clients measure taller after just one session! Yeah!
What is Raindrop Technique?
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
- Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
- Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
- Feather Stroking – This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
What is the Concept behind Feather Stroking?
In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for transformational purposes.
Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are just a few:
- Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
- Non-Manipulative Technique – No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into balance by opening energy flow throughout the body.
- Reduce Stress and Minor Anxiety – Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
- Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation and Injury – Thyme and Oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous, and other body systems. They are strong antioxidants.
- Eases Muscle Discomfort after Exercise – Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort due to exercise will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils may reduce tension.
- Support Healthy Immune System – Thyme and Oregano essential oils support a healthy immune system.
- Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer”.
- Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils being high in phenols may cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance cleansing of the body.
What Essential Oils are used in the Raindrop Technique?
- Thyme Essential Oil
- Basil Essential Oil
- Wintergreen Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- AromaSiez Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Ortho Ease Essential Oil Massage Blend
- Valor Essential Oil Blend
Are there any Side Effects?
Because the Raindrop Technique encourages detoxification of the body, someone may experience some mild side effects. The best advice is to drink plenty of water before and after a session.
While some may experience detoxification, others may feel relaxed, have heightened awareness or may fell peaceful. It is really on a case by case basis, and depends on so many factors.
It sounds great! But, Is there any Validation of this Technique?
David Stewart, the Founder of the Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education (CARE), published a book entitled “The Statistical Validation of the Raindrop Technique“. It is based on the results of a questionnaire where over 400 massage therapists, chiropractors, Raindrop Facilitators and others who used the technique responded.
How do I Book a Raindrop Session?
Book an appointment for yourself or your animal by contacting me by e-mail or at (479) 715-6772
I hope you have enjoyed this section on the Raindrop Technique. And that you will experience a Raindrop Technique Session soon.